Saturday, August 10, 2013

Open House

It's that time of year already.  We are six weeks in and it's time for Open House {our Curriculum Night}.  Since moving to Kinder, all of my stuff is null and VOID!  Everything I did in first grade had to be changed quite a bit.  All of my hand outs and even my Power Point {yes, I said Power Point} had to be changed quite a bit.

I just figured out that people are no longer using Power Point and there is this wonderful little thing called a PREZI!  It took me a few days to figure out how to make one and then a teacher friend sent me her's.  I studied it and then went off and made my own.  Not too shabby for my first time.... Check it out!  

We also have to make something for families to take that night.  So each year I do an apple with a little poem stuck to it and then have a hand out for them to take home with things they need to know for the year about our learning.  The poem reads:

An apple for the teacher is really nothing new, accept when you remember that parents are teachers too.  I look forward to working with you and your child this year.  ~Mrs. Smith

The hand out I give them is a tri fold pamphlet.  It's quick and easy to make.  I am sure most of them go home and trash it anyhow.  I like to think they don't but I'm not wasting printer ink and paper for hand outs.  I am going to post my PREZI on our class web site, so they will always have the info there if they need it.

FIVE more days until track out!  That's all I have to keep telling myself.  Then I have three sweet weeks off. Well, it may not be too sweet since my three year old is having his tonsils and adenoids removed, but it's still a vacation away from school no matter how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment