Friday, April 19, 2013

Where Oh Where Did My Time Go?

**Note- the documents I had uploaded over the weekend were removed.  The links would not work correctly.  If you would like a copy of any of them, just send me an e-mail and I will get them to you.**

It's been a long time since I blogged on here.  This year I lost the yearning to write about my days in school.  I tell you though, this blog still came in handy when I couldn't remember some things from the 2011-12 school year.  Common Core has kicked my butt this year.  There are so many new things I have added {and removed}from my lessons.

As a grade level, some of us took an area and made pacing guides, common assessments, intervention notebooks, data notebooks, and profile cards.  We recreated the wheel this year folks!  Ok, maybe that is being dramatic but that is exactly what it feels like.

The last part of each profile card is what went home in data notebooks with the kids.  They are "I Can" statements that the kids and families will understand instead of using the common core language.  We have created these for all four quarters.  Also, pacing guides have been created for literacy and math.

For the 2013-14 school year, the pacing guides have already been completed as well, thanks to an AMAZING team member.  Now we have added the Letterland component for first grade.

Next school year is going to be tricky for me as it's going to hold some new adventures.  One of them, I can't quite talk about yet, although many people already know.  The second one, is I am going to begin working on my National Boards.  I am hoping I am not biting off more than I can chew but I think I can make it happen.  I am waiting for just one school year where I can find my "zen".

A certain saying comes to mind...




No comments:

Post a Comment