Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Things Going On

I have a bunch of stuff that has been going on in my class.  All of this has been going on over the past few weeks.  We studied producer/consumer, wants/needs, and goods/services.  I used apples to tie my last part of science {farming, gardens, life cycle of an apple tree} into our new Social Studies unit.  The kids learned all about how apples get from the orchard to the store, and then made into applesauce.  We also learned how milk makes it from the cow to the carton in the store. 





What is fall without scarecrows?  We aren't allowed to "do" Halloween stuff at school.  So pumpkins and scarecrows are about as far as it goes.  They had fun yesterday making their scarecrow glyphs. 



Also in recent news, I got a Smart Board mounted in my classroom!!  Finally!!! 

Over the next couple of weeks we are going to do some cool things with pumpkins, persuasive writing {yes, in first grade}, and I found a cool unit on the election coming up.  Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment